The voice you will never forget.

Meliesa's voice, with it's smokey lows and clarion highs, ranges from haunting beauty to spine-tingling power. She is a musical experience you will never forget!




Thursday, September 23, 2010

Sweden 2010, Day 6

Video shoot! Had to pretty myself up and everything. After days of naked face it felt weird to put on make-up.

Mr. Black had to borrow a hair-dryer so I could style my hair... he had to try several neighbors before finding one who owned such an archaic device. Here everyone is beautiful with no effort. Sort of sickening, lol. When I was using it, the smoke alarm was set off by the scent of smouldering hair. Scared the crap out of me. Make up on, hair extensions clipped in and styled, wardrobe perfect, and the shoot began.

I have never worked against a green screen before. But since I did not have to react to invisible action or talk to invisible people, it was no different than any other video I have done, which is not saying much, since I have done very little. I had to lip-sync, act, and do some simple tasks revolving around the most amazing prop thing I have ever seen. I can't tell you what it is, as it is integral to the story line of the video, but I can tell you it appealed to one of my secret pleasures as a Capricorn... it was very very old. Roby, you especially would love to get your hands on this thing!

We had a schedule which detailed everything shot by shot, so it went very fast. We were lucky that we had excellent light for the exterior shots as well. It was pretty fun, and I hope I gave him everything he needs to comp together a great video. Now I have to wait along with the rest of you to see it when it is done.

After the shoot we took a very brisk walk to out favorite dock. We barely spoke, were both so exhausted, and truthfully burned out on each other after being in such intense close quarters for 6 days. Once we got back, we both worked on our seperate projects, had dinner, and he retired early to the little hut where he sleeps, asking me not to go out and wake him until at least 9AM. I am sure we will do another record together, but next time, we will take the pace much slower. Lessons learned. He and I are both die-hard loners, set in our ways and routines, and treasuring time alone. I am far more social than he is, which has made my invasion harder on him than my imposition on him has been on me.

I spent the evening preparing for my tour with Lapis Lazuli, and also watched Avatar on my PC... AGAIN.... I think I have seen it maybe 15 times now. The boys from South Park had it right... it should have been called "Dances With Smurfs." But there are element of Braveheart in there too. How such a cliche can still be such a great movie is a mystery to me... oh wait.. no it isn't. Two words: James Cameron. Haha.

So day 6 was yesterday, and today, I was up at 7.30, and got him up at 9. We will go out today, just hang out and be friends, and end this journey on a happy stress-free note. I am flying to Ă–stersund early tomorrow to join the band. It will be hard to say goodbye to my friend and colleague here. But as Mr. Black says, it is easier to leave than be left behind. He will feel the void keenly and will rest his overtaxed mind for a bit before diving into the work again.

Once I leave for the north, I have no idea what the internet situation will be on the road. I will do my best to keep sending out daily updates, but please forgive me if circumstances prevent me from doing so on occasion. For information and tour dates/venues, go to www.lapislazuli.se.

No comments:

Post a Comment